An outside wedding can be a great alternative to your traditional inside wedding.10 Tips for a Successful Outdoor Wedding:
1. Decorations- Outside creates a perfect background for any event. Make sure you still include possibly an arch, lights/lanterns, or extra flowers to accent the natural beauty!
2. Have a backup plan- Weather, especially in Utah, can be unpredictable. Always have a backup plan just in case the weather prevents you from doing your outdoor event.
3. Plan for Wind- It can only take a slight wind to create movement. Make sure everything is secure enough that nothing will fall, break, or get ruined.
4. Electricity- Double check where electricity is available. This will be helpful when planning your layout. It is best to avoid using an excess of extension cords.
5. Can everybody hear- Make sure to test the sound on any audio/video that you will be using during your ceremony or reception.
6. Make things tasty outside- Make sure that the foods you will be serving will handle well outdoors in the heat. Avoid things containing mayonnaise or dishes that should be served cold.
7. Keep your guests hydrated- If you are serving anything from soda to alcohol; remember that those beverages can be dehydrating. Be sure to have plenty of ice and water around.
9. Sun Sun Sun- Consider timing your outdoor wedding to avoid parts of the day where the sun is bright and hot. Possibly plan for a time around sunset or consider your shade options.
10. Permits- If doing a wedding in a city park, be sure to ask about rules concerning trash removal, candle or torch lighting, and photography.
Castle Manor has great outdoor options for those interested in an outdoor wedding!Pin It Tweet