Although traditions change, there are some traditions that always stay the same. When talking about weddings, this is definitely the case!
Here is a refresher course on what side is responsible for what.
Bride and Her Family
- Bridal gown and accessories
- Bridesmaid(s) attire
- All parts of the reception including:
- Location, decorations, food, beverages, cake, entertainment, and favors
- Groom's wedding ring
- Ceremony location fee, decorations, entertainment
- Announcements, invitations, postage
- Flowers for ceremony, reception, brides attendants
- Wedding Consultant fee
Groom and His Family
- Marriage Liscense
- Groom's tuxedo and accessories
- Attire for the groom's attendants
- Rehearsal dinner- if applicable
- Bride's engagement and wedding ring
- Flowers for bride, groom, grooms attendants, mothers, fathers, and grandparents.
Although these are the traditional guidelines, make sure that both parties are in agree with the final decision. Some of our clients have chosen to simply split all mutual cost between the two families. This is an option as well!Pin It Tweet