20. Sundance Resort, Sundance, UtahRobert Redford's idyllic, 98 cottage mountain resort, just outside Park City, is perfect for an adventure honeymoon—it's all about reconnecting with nature. In the summer, you can golf, hike 10 miles of Alpine trails, or raft down the Provo River. In the winter, try cross-country skiing, or calling for owls while night snowshoeing.
19. Ritz-Carlton, Bachelor Gulch, ColoradoThis insanely-luxurious Rocky Mountain honeymoon resort has superb skiing; unreal food (fancy Wolfgang Puck cuisine at Spago, raclette cheese and organic bison at Anderson's Cabin); and a 21,000 square foot spa, offering sage salt scrubs and detoxifying mud wraps.
18. The Wauwinet, Nantucket, MassachusettsThis warm, cozy inn feels blissfully-isolated from the world: Request a room that faces the windswept beach—perfect for sunset strolls—and don't miss dinner at Topper's, the island's best restaurant. Your five-course feast might feature diver scallop ceviche, or butter-poached lobster with a madras curry sabayon.
17. Little Nell, Aspen, ColoradoLooking for a winter honeymoon spot? This is Aspen's only, ski-in, ski-out hotel, and the staff is unbelievably gracious. The activity options? Hole up in one of the 92 warm, earth-toned rooms, styled by famous designer Holly Hunt; borrow an Audi for a half-day mountain drive; or sip Veuve Cliquot 11,000 feet up at the world's first ski-in, ski-out champagne bar.
16. Inn at Palmetto Bluff, Bluffton, South CarolinaYou'll flip for your cottage's huge screened-in porch, dressing area, and steam shower, but don't get stuck indoors at this beautiful Southern honeymoon resort. The grounds abound with lawn games, pool, and hiking trails; offshore, you can cruise the salt marshes and spy on bottlenose dolphins and bald eagles.
15. Blackberry Farm, Walland, TennesseeWe love the get-away-from-it-all, Great Smoky Mountains setting, spectacular service, and countless outdoor activities (fly-fishing, shooting clays, horseback riding) on this 4,200-acre estate. At night, head to the elegant Main House for farm-to-table feasts.
14. Triple Creek Ranch, Darby, MontanaPicture 23 ultra-luxe cedar cabins, all with wood-burning fireplaces and hot tubs, set on 600 acres of wildly picturesque Big Sky country. Even better, this is an all-inclusive resort, so meals, house wines, and adventure activities like fly-fishing, showshoeing, and guided nature walks, are part of the price.
13. Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa, Orlando, CaliforniaThis red-gabled, Victorian-inspired hotel is one of Disney's poshest places to stay. We love the stunning lagoon setting and soaring, five-story high lobby (but look down—characters are artfully embedded here and there in the marble floor.) Don't miss a fancy, six-course dinner at award-winning Victoria and Albert's, where guests get a keepsake menu.
12. Sanctuary Resort at Camelback Mountain, Scottsdale, ArizonaWorld-travelers Beyonce and Jay-Z "mini-mooned" at this gorgeous, mountain-meets-desert honeymoon resort. The 105 brick-walled casitas all have Frette linens and private patios, plus the spa is top-notch—think 12, indoor/outdoor treatment rooms, a meditation garden, and a Watsu pool.
11. Four Seasons the Biltmore Santa Barbara, CaliforniaHollywood-types (Halle Berry, Katy Perry) head here to sunbathe on Butterfly Beach and soak in the lovely Spanish-colonial setting. If you're up for an adventure, borrow the in-house bikes and hit the 3-mile coastal path, or just lounge by the Olympic-size pool.
10. San Ysidro Ranch, CaliforniaThis California wine country resort offers 41 spacious cottages—all with plush four-poster beds and fireplaces—nestled in the Montecito foothills. Hilary Duff stayed in the famous Kennedy cottage (yes, that's where Jackie and JFK honeymooned) on her wedding night.
9. Calistoga Ranch, Napa Valley, CaliforniaFoodies relish this California resort's wine-tasting seminars; all go gaga (including Lady Gaga herself!) for the 48 cottages' private patios and outdoor showers. The sublime Bathhouse Spa offers mineral pool soaks, healing mud wraps, and lavender body balm massages.
8. Meadowood Napa Valley, CaliforniaThis elegant wine country resort, a collection of 85 cottages off the Silverado Trail, is big for both honeymoons and destination weddings. The amenities are unmatched: think croquet lawns, tennis courts, pools, hiking trails, and a just redesigned three-Michelin star restaurant. Request the table in the kitchen to watch Chef Christopher Kostow in action.
7. Shutters on the Beach, Santa Monica, CaliforniaThis California beach resort is ideal for a mini-moon, or a stopover on the way to Fiji or Tahiti. The airy, country-meets-beach rooms all face the Pacific, and have sumptuous marble bathrooms—with peekaboo windows. Plus, you're steps from the iconic Santa Monica Pier.
6. Amangiri, Canyon Point, UtahThis low-lying, 34-suite desert oasis seamlessly blends in with the surrounding rock formations—the gorgeous pool even wraps around a massive boulder. After exploring nearby wonder such as the Grand Canyon, Lake Powell and Monument Valley, head to the spa, which has two outdoor treatment terraces with unreal mesa views.
5. Enchantment Resort, Sedona, ArizonaNew Age types swear by the spiritual effects of the "energy vortex" at this honeymoon resort in the heart of red-rock country. Others just go for the world-class MiiAmo spa, which offers everything from Ayurvedic yoga to Sedona clay wraps to tarot card readings.
4. Post Ranch Inn, Big Sur, CaliforniaNo kids are allowed at this rustic-luxe clifftop hotel made of reclaimed wood, glass and stone. Upon arrival, your ride is valeted, a glass of wine appears—and you're off to the infinity pool, which has sweeping views of the Pacific.
3. Montage Laguna Beach, CaliforniaExpect major celeb-sightings: Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom honeymooned at this California beach resort with airy suites and a sunburst-tiled pool surrounded by posh cabanas. Can't leave your dog at home? This pet-friendly resort will pamper your pooch, too.
2. Auberge du Soleil, Napa Valley, CaliforniaLittle details like votive candles at nightfall and welcome bottles of cabernet impress as much as the vineyard views at this California wine country resort, with 50, Provencal-inspired rooms.
1. Little Palm Island Resort and Spa, Little Torch Key, FloridaExpect to see mini Key deer, herons, and out-of-control orange sunsets at this adults-only, 5.5 acre private island resort in the Florida Keys. The 30 bungalows are as decadent as they come, featuring canopy beds, chandeliers, Jacuzzis, and outdoor showers.
Pin It Tweet