- Get extra certified copies of your marriage license
- You will need a certified copy for when you get your social security card and license
- Get your Social Security Card changed
- This is the first place to change your name- this is a fee service- which is great!
- After you have received your new social security card- get your license changed
After you have taken these steps, its now time to change your name on all other records. There are a lot of places that your name will need to be changed, so here is a list of places so you don't forget one:
For most couples, this is a complete list, but for those married later in life you may have more places which require your name to be changed. That could include a Will or life insurance policy.