Here is a Tuxedo Timeline:
3-6 Months before your Big Day:
- Start searching for the style/color of tuxedo that will fit in your event.
- Look through examples online or in magazines.
- Figure out what styles you like: vests, ties or bow ties, cufflinks, pocket squares, suspenders, cummerbund, collar type, buttons, etc.
- Start checking out stores to see where you want to reserve your tux.
2-3 Months before your Big Day:
- Contact any groomsmen or family who will need to have a tux reserved.
- Figure out the approximate weather for the day of the event and plan accordingly.
- Finalize location for reservation and start doing measurements.
6-8 Weeks before your Big Day:
- Make sure that all measurements for tuxedos are given to retailer.
Week Before your Big Day:
- Groom, family, and all groomsmen need to visit retailer to do final fittings.
Day Before your Big Day:
- Pick up the Tuxedos.
- Assign someone to return the tuxedos after the wedding.
First business day after wedding:
- Return all tuxedos.