Shopping for YOUR wedding gown
- Design. When shopping for a wedding gown, it is important that you first start by looking at other dresses to get ideas of what you want or don't want in your wedding gown. This will help you when you meet with various consultants to narrow down your search of a dress.
- Budget. Make sure that you have your budget in mind for your gown. Tell your consultant how much you would like to spend on your dress so that they can narrow their search to stay within your budget.
- Style. Match your dress to your body type, whether it is a-line, princess, mermaid, ball gown, or empire.
- Fabric. From chiffon to lace and satin to taetta, the type of fabric you choose can change the style of you dress drastically. What do you prefer?
- Time. Give yourself enough time so that if your dress needs any alterations, it can be done in enough time before you take your pre-bridal photos.
- Accessories. Things that you need besides your gown: headpiece (can be a veil, hat, hair pin, or even a tiara), bridal shoes, garter, and if you are a winter bride consider a jacket or wrap.